[Dxspider-support] feature request

Lee Sawkins ve7cc at shaw.ca
Wed May 14 20:56:57 BST 2008

Hi Henk

Something similar to what you are proposing is currently in use by some
clusters and their users.

Many of the VHF and up operators are currently using a common method of
showing the propagation mode.  The mode is enclose by "<" and ">".  <ES>
<MS> <EME> <TR> etc are commonly seen in the dx spots.  Usually, but not
always, the gridsquares are shown before and after this.  Now all you
need to do is to convince all the non conforming VHF and up users to
standardise on this method.

The original AK1A Packet Cluster and other dx cluster node software have
a method of asking for specific comments.  This is done by using single
quotes around the desired comments.  "sh/dx '<ES>'" will return a list
of spots for Es.  "sh/dx '<es>' '<tr>'" will return both kinds of
spots.  I tried a few Dx Spider clusters, but this does not appear to be
implemented.

Lee VE7CC